Igloofest’s commitment to sustainable development is still going strong. We believe that it is possible to have a good time without destroying the environment. Conscious of the impact an event such as ours can have, a number of initiatives have already been implemented both at the organization’s offices and on site.
A strategic plan for sustainable development was established by the founders of Igloofest, in consultation with the Conseil québécois des événements écoresponsables,to ensure compliance with our initiatives. Each year, we redouble our efforts.
Whether already underway or on the horizon, in small steps or large leaps, here are our initiatives that inform the festival-goers how we plan to face the challenge of the decade!
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE INITIATIVES
Over the years, several initiatives have already been put in place, both in the organization's offices and on site. Small measures or big statements, they aim to educate the festival-goers to the challenge of this decade!
- A presence to a sustainable development committees
- Better communication of our political and strategic initiatives relating to sustainable development
- Reusable cup program that eliminates nearly all plastic cups on site
- Participation in social reintegration programs
- Introduction of donation options for ecological projects with the purchase of a season pass or tickets
- Elimination of printed meeting agendas
- Campaign to obtain “eco-responsible event” status from the Bureau de Normalisation du Québec
- For a sixth consecutive year, we’ve opted to release our season lineup without a press conference, considerably reducing our carbon footprint: no paper used, no food wasted, no USB keys used, no carbon gases generated by guest and journalist transportation, etc.
- For the past years, the amount of printed promotional documents has been considerably reduced, thanks to web advertising.